Welcome to COSMA: Promoting Excellence in Sport Management Education
The Commission on Sport Management Accreditation is a specialized accrediting body whose purpose is to promote and recognize excellence in sport management education worldwide in colleges and universities at the baccalaureate, master's and doctoral levels through specialized accreditation.
Programs, students, employers, and the general public all benefit from the external verification of quality provided through COSMA's accreditation process. They also benefit from the process of continuous quality improvement that is encouraged by COSMA's developmental approach to promoting excellence in sport management education.
Your feedback wanted!
Should COSMA host an in-person conference in 2022?
Take the survey here.
COVID-19 Impact Study
The COVID-19 pandemic upended the field of sport management as games were cancelled and employees furloughed. The Sports Innovation Institute at IUPUI analyzed the pandemic's impact on the sports job market in the United States. You can read the full report here.
Election results: NEW COSMA Board Members!
Site Visit Policy Change
- COSMA includes a FLAT RATE payment system in addition the current site visit fee payment system. Read about it on the Accreditation Process > Step 4: Site Visits Costs page.
COSMA Job Board
- Have you check out the Job Board lately? See who is looking for applicants!
Congratulations to recently accredited programs!
- East Stroudsburg University (First-time)
- Southeast Missouri State University (Reaffirmation)
COSMA In the news
East Stroudsburg University Celebrates First-Time COSMA Accreditation
What is the Future of Sport Management as a discipline?
- How do we use the lessons of the past 40-50 years to move us forward? View this video interview with Dr. Brenda Pitts and Dr. James Zhang to hear their perspectives.
NBA putting words into action, but more can be done
- Check out COSMA Commissioner Dr. Daniel Kelly's insights in his Sports Business Daily opinion.
- Learn about all things COSMA in a podcast sponsored by the University of Indianapolis.
COSMA Recognized by CHEA
- Council on Higher Education Accreditation recognizes COSMA. See our scope of accreditation statement.
The Sports Innovation Institute's "Impact of COVID-19 on the Sports Job Market in the United States" Report - an Analysis of Full-Time Job Postings on TeamWork Online: Read it here
COSMA Public Disclosure Requirements
- Download the instructions and template: How to Comply with COSMA's Public Disclosure Requirements
Annual Report Tutorial Video
New Accreditation Process Training Videos!