SO YOU’RE ACCREDITED…. NOW WHAT??
Congratulations, you have COSMA-accredited programs! But, what do you do about that? How can you increase the awareness of the value of COSMA accreditation? Use the following as a guide for what to do - and if you already do it, keep it up! Share with me anything else you do to promote your COSMA accreditation.
1) You are already required to post a statement of accreditation on your website. Have you also included the accreditation seal, which you can personalize? (include your institution's name along the top half of the circle). How about in your email signature?
2) Social media - We can support each other in this area. I have "liked" many of your Facebook pages and followed you on Twitter. Did you follow @cosmaweb or "like" COSMA on Facebook? When appropriate, we can like and share/retweet each other's posts. I may use your posts to ask you about things you are doing that COSMA can share and highlight.
3) Encourage (maybe require?) your students to include the accreditation on their resumes as they apply for jobs, internships or graduate school.
4) Remember the self study document? In it, you demonstrated compliance with a number of criteria including: experiential learning, business and industry linkages, knowledge/skills in common professional component areas (e.g., ticketing systems, analytics), faculty professional activities, etc. How do these areas (and others) directly translate into ready and prepared graduates? (Hint: Review your student learning outcomes and operational goals and measurements.)
5) CHEA Recognition: This is an opportune time to let recent alumni, current students, parents, internship sites and other stakeholders that the quality of your program has been and continues to improve and has been reviewed by a recognized accreditor.